On behalf of our client, we are seeking an experienced Ground Operations Manager for an exciting opportunity based in Brisbane.
The Ground Operations Manager is responsible for Fixed Wing and Rotary Wing Ground Operations and Security requirements as described in the Operations & Security Manuals.
Duties and responsibilities:
- The Ground Operations Manager is responsible to the FW & RW Accountable Manager for effectively and efficiently carrying out the duties and responsibilities detailed within Company Policy and Operations & Security Manuals.
- Responsible for the most effective and cost-efficient operations in line with contract compliance.
- Managing performance of outsource ground services providers within Service Level Agreements and their compliances to regulatory requirements.
- Ensuring a ground handling Service Level Agreement included measurable specifications which are monitored according to Company policies and procedures.
- Provide responses to audit findings and take definitive action develop & implement remedial/corrective action.
- Accountable for the most cost-effective utilisation of manpower and resources to meet the company customer expectations.
- Co-ordinate all operations functions to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, policies, standards and practices.
- To directly assist and advise the FW & RW Accountable Manager in formulation of policy and in the determination of strategic matters, forward planning and initiatives relevant to the management and development of the Base.
- Work closely with the Quality and Safety Department to review, revise and update all AOC and MOC manuals to ensure they accurately reflect the operations.
- Ensure that operational staff is appropriately trained, with particular emphasis on regulatory requirements, emergency response and workplace health and safety.
- Responsible for incident reporting, follow-up, support investigation and closure.
- Client communication, visiting bases and improving client relationships.
- Staff appraisal, development, ongoing training programs and motivation.
- Maintaining business records and preparing operational statements and reports
Qualifications Knowledge, Skills & Expertise required:
- Recognised Tertiary qualifications
- Min 5 years’ experience in Aviation Ground Operations.
- Experience in Aviation Regulation is a must
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Ability to work within a rapidly changing and diverse environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work within part of team.